Individual Classes are $60. per hour ($1.00 per minute)
Besides learning what you are interested in, we also offer the following:
The class will help you navigate and understand your computer better.
- Computers 1.1 – Components, Locations & Functions
- Computers 1.2 – Desktop, Control Panel, User Accounts & Customization
- Computers 1.3 – Start Menu, Taskbar, System Specifications & Recycle Bin
- Computers 1.4 – Profile Folders, System Files & File Management
- Computers 1.5 – Web Browsers, Navigating the Internet & Browser Customization
- Computers 1.6 – Keeping your Computer Secure, Parental Controls & Windows Live Software
- Learn the basic components of the computer & locations (CD/DVD Rom, USB Ports, Hard Drive, Keyboard & Mouse ports, VGA Monitor port)
- Navigate through Windows Operating System (where main programs are installed, the C drive, areas not to mess with, etc.)
- Email: Setting up a new account, organizing, sending, receiving & downloading pictures & files, various email programs and the benefits of online email (ex. Gmail), etc.
- Word Processing Programs: Free programs, Navigating, saving, settings & options, etc.
- Security: The importance of security software, recommendations, How to recognize what is real and what is fake, Settings & options, etc.
- Questions & Answers: Each class you will be able to ask any questions and receive answers with demonstrations.
- Signing up and using Facebook and other Social Networking Sites.
- Searching: How to use a search engine to find exactly what you are looking for.
- Downloading files from the internet & being able to locate & open them.
- Installing a program from a CD/DVD or a download
- Using external drives, thumb or flash drive, etc.
- Backup: How to backup my stuff.
- Navigating the internet: Setting default home page, managing favorites and bookmarks, disabling toolbars, different browsers, etc.